Saturday, 23 January 2016

Holiday Bag

Back at the end of November my lovely Bestest Friend whisked me off for another week in Lanzarote and as usual I wanted to make her some little presents to say thank you...

Like me she is a bit of a bagaholic so I decided to make her a holiday tote bag 

Luckily I had a large piece of gorgeous furnishing fabric from the Divine John Lewis that my Smashing mum had treated me to from their remnant bin. It went through a few iterations as my initial idea was a square boxy style with lots of external pockets, but that went a tad wrong!

Finally (pretty much the night before we left) I finished this...


The strap was made from the grosgrain ribbon (that were the wrapping from two Primark fleecy blankies that are due to be made in to anther project when I get the time!) sewn together. It has an elasticated external pocket for suncream and two inside flat pockets; one for a little notebook and one for the room keycard

2 comments :

  1. You're very lucky to have such a good friend to treat you and she's very lucky to receive such a great bag for her next holiday!
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete