Saturday, 9 January 2016

Another picture...

Growing up my mum had a block poster of the painting Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose by John Singer Sargent on our chimney breast 

So for her birthday this year I decided to create an homage to it using felting techniques

I wet felted the background and added details with needle felting and embroidery  

In the original, the little girls have brunette hair, but I decided to make them blonde to represent my sister and me
I think next time my sister and I get together we should recreate this pose for a photo!

6 comments :

  1. Love the picture but isn't it a funny title, or is it me?
    I really mean to have a go at felting but never seem to have the time,
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. I may need to google the original. Like the idea of recreating the poses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your visit to my daffodil post. How clever to do felting, it's not something I have ever tried. Patchwork is more my scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your visit to my daffodil post. How clever to do felting, it's not something I have ever tried. Patchwork is more my scene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for commenting on my blog. Sorry I didn't reply sooner but for some reason I didn't see it until I looked at my dashboard. Your felting looks very intricate and I love your scrappy quilt. You have a nice big crafting room, too.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful picture! Felting is quite beautiful and you do it perfectly.

    Thank you for joining Roses of Inspiration this week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete